Medicinal BoBa Ice Tea:
Shisandra & Rose Syrup:
1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
1/4 cup Water
4 tsp Schisandra berry powder
1/2 inch Ginger (smashed)
4tbsp Rose water
- Add all ingredients except rose water into a sauce pan and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and add rose water and let it steep and cool.
- Remove ginger and ready to use.
Astragalus & Liquorice Boba:
3/4 cup Tapioca Starch + extra for dusting
5tbsp Coconut sugar
5 tbsp Water
- In a saucepan, mix the coconut sugar and water together with 2tbsp of Tapioca starch to combine and make a slurry. Then, add the Astragalus powder and the Liquorice powder and stir to combine.
- On a low heat, cook this slurry till it thickens to a shaggy thick sticky dough. Let it cool to warm to touch.
- Add the remaining tapioca starch and mix to form a dough. Dough will be sticky at the beginning, keep kneading till all starch is combined
- Role half the dough into a long tube and keep remaining in an air tight container.
- Cut small pieces from the tube, enough to make it into tiny balls (0.5cm). This can be done by rolling the dough on your palms which is dusted with tapioca starch. Continue doing this till all the dough is done.
- Add the rolled balls into a bowl dusted with tapioca starch.
- Once all of them have been rolled into small bobas, bring to boil a large pot of water.
- Add the bobas to simmering water and cooking them for at least 20-30mins.
- Prepare a bowl of ice water to toss the cooked bobas in to cool down.
- After 25-30mins, drain the bobas from the boiling water and toss them into ice cold water. Let them sit for a bit and drain the bobas.
- Add bobas to a storing container and add the shisandra berry syrup, give it a good mix to prevent the bobas from sticking.
- Use when bobas are completely cool.
Rooibos Cold Brew Ice tea:
4 bags Turkish Delight Carmien Green Rooibos Tea
- Soak overnight or at least 2hours in an airtight jar.
Honey or Liquid Sweetener of choice
1/4 cups of soaked Boba
10 drops of Reishi tincture
Sprig of Rosemary
Soda water (optional)
- In a glass of choice, first 1/4 cup of soaked boba with the syrup.
- Then add crushed ice, give the mint leaves a slap and add it in. Add lemon slice.
- Add the cold brew tea and full pipette of Reishi tincture. Garnish with more lemon and rosemary and enjoy.
- Adjust sweetness with liquid sweetener of choice.
Note: Uncooked rolled boba can be frozen and boiled as needed and Schisandra rose syrup can keep refrigerated up to a month.