Vegan Pumpkin Bread with Pecan Crumble & Miso Caramel Sauce
Yield : 1 Loaf
Tin: 29.5 x 15.2 x 6.5cm
Miso Coconut Caramel:
400ml coconut milk
1/2 cup Coconut sugar
1 tsp White Miso paste
4 drops St. John’s Wort tincture
1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a sauce pan, combine coconut milk, vanilla extract and coconut sugar and simmer on low heat till it thickens, whisk occasionally.
- Once sauce has thicken, remove from heat, add miso and St.John’s tincture. Give it a good whisk and ready to drizzle.
60g coconut Oil (melted)
75g coconut Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon powder
2 tsp Mucuna Powder
1/4 tsp Sea salt
40g Rolled oats
40g Pecan nuts (chopped)
35g Stoneground Cake Flour
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse till all is combined.
- Set aside, if warm, set in the fridge.
60g Coconut oil (melted)
1/4 cup Neutral oil (Canola, Grape seed oil or Sunflower oil)
1 cup Pumpkin puree*
1/3 cup Macadamia milk or any milk of choice, can also use milk kefir if desired
2 tsp Vanilla extract
150g Coconut sugar
200g Stoneground Cake flour
1 tsp Baking soda
2 tsp Ashwaganda powder
1 tsp Cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp Ginger powder
1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
1/2 tsp Sea salt
1/2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 175 deg Celcius. Line loaf tin with baking paper, make sure there it extra hanging on the sides to lift the loaf out after baking.
- In a power blender or food processor, add all wet ingredients, coconut oil, neutral oil, flax eggs, pumpkin puree, milk, vanilla extract, dates and coconut sugar.
- Blend till combined. It wouldn’t be smooth, the dates can just minced as it will be nice in the cake.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients, and sift once.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, apple cider vinegar and give it a good mix but do not over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin, and now we can crumble the pecan crumble on the top evenly. Make sure it is nice and even, no cake batter is seen and pat it down a bit.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 60mins or till toothpick comes out clean.
- Once baked remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 60mins. Slice, drizzle the delicious Miso caramel and Enjoy…!
This recipe was graciously crafted and curated by the incredible Kunawathy Panchakaran, a talented South African chef and earth angel! We are so incredible grateful to have Kuna working on some amazing recipes for you to all try and have your medicines in some interesting and fun ways. She is a true inspiration and shares a beautiful message of love, light, and healing though the beautiful food she creates